internetworkers - Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:43:53 -0400

on Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:31:45PM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Thomas Beckett said the following on 4/5/04 11:27 PM:
>
> >Cider lovers probably wouldn't love what they have on tap. I'm assuming
> >that would be Woodchuck or Woodpecker or similar swill, as I've never
> >seen anything other than those two brands on tap in NC.
>
> And, the problem is what, exactly? Those, for me at least, happen to
> be two of the better brands I've had. They're most certainly better
> than the cat p*ss called Cider Jack. Hornsby's dark and dry is probably
> about par, but none of the other Hornsbys.
>
> Granted, I've never had cider anywhere in the UK, but as far as US
> ciders go you can do a *lot* worse than Woodchuck and Woodpecker.
> And both of them are a heck of a lot better than any beer. O:-)

Oh, Tanner. Go get some scrumpy, or cidre bouche, and meet a whole new
world of apple goodness. American "cider" is simply awful. You may as well
mix it with Everclear.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/