internetworkers - Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Cider lovers (was Re: [internetworkers] April Gathering at the Federal?)
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:52:33 -0400

Sil Greene said the following on 4/6/04 8:37 AM:
Now, now. I'd say drinking cider, of whatever stripe, fulfills the mission at least as well as some beers. Are we snobs who say our mission is drinking good microbrew? No! Our uber-intelligencia may be snooty when it comes to our own tasty beverage, but we're not kicking anyone out for their Budweiser or PBR (OR Woodchuck). If you want to drink horse-piss, or cat-piss, or dog-piss, man, that's all you. I'll toast your PBR with my Dead Guy Ale.

Hear, hear! I didn't mean to imply that INW should abandon it's fine
tradition of imbibing whatever. No, on the contrary. I realize that
different people have different opinions about their alcohols and
therefore what I like will almost certainly not be what anyone else
likes. That's fine. We can still socialize/network/whatever no matter
what we're drinking that particular night. :-)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton