internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Digital video?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Digital video?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:53:16 -0500

On Mar 9, 2004, at 4:48 PM, Parker, David X wrote:

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of digital video? How does a digital
video camera compare in quality to a still digital camera?

I have a Canon ZR10 digital video camera. The main thing I would do over is find a camera that worked well with natural light. All of them can handle sunlight, but most of the time I'm taking video of the little ones after work, and this particular camera looks really bad indoors with just the regular lights on. I ended up buying four construction light rigs and the whole thing is so cumbersome I end up not shooting many videos.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC