internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Digital video?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Digital video?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:43:39 EST

I'm not up on current products. I checked the recommended website but the link didn't take me to the desired product. I agree that the one selected needs to be fun. I'd check a few users sites and check on what folks are saying. USB connection is important, so is battery life. I use rechargeable. Anything over 3 mega pixels is wasted for most applications, 2.1 is fine. A 2.1 mega pixel picture is actually somewhere around a 30 inch by 20 inch poster that is compressed to be printed any smaller, plus a 3 mega pixel picture takes a long time to send or receive. If you won't use the pixels, why pay for the pixels? I always use lighter pixillation anyway and put more images on the media. I like "smart media" but most others are fine too. A trip to Best Buy to actually touch the stuff would be my next step. I have big fingers so really small cameras with small buttons aren't as much fun as they might be. I also come from a 35mm camera background, and still use them,  so I like my equipment to be laid out similarly. Everyone has different likes.  Digital equipment is a lot of fun. Pictures are only the first step. With editing software you can do amazing things. Enjoy - Don