internetworkers - [internetworkers] FUD101

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] FUD101
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:08:54 -0500

>>On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Don Rua wrote:
> >Disclaimer: I have no intention of voting for Bush,

>How come I don't buy your disclamer? I think you are a Bush supporter. Me
>I want my rights back...
>-- Scott H. Zekanis

Think what you want, you're entitled to your opinion, but it's wrong. I do
realize it makes it easier to pigeon-hole me in a box that you've already
closed your mind to. "Oh, don't listen to him, he's one of those people.
Everything he says is immediately suspect." FUD101

I'm a 'reason' supporter, and neither Bush nor Dem pundits have a corner
on that. Neither do I, for that matter, but I enjoy the pursuit. I find no
party candidate with a vision I care about, and will most likely continue
exploring the long term possibilities for a third party. Additionally, I
have a bug up my butt about the entire notion of people changing their
behavior because someone else is 'offended'. That's a reason-less variable,
a joker to avoid debate, which I feel is played by countless groups to
achieve ends they are too cowardly to publicly state. It's a means of
forcing others to your will, and is responsible for as many rights losses as
Bush. Too many want to adjust the behavior of others. This applies both to
the religious right that has me missing my Howard Stern right now, as to
non-conservative groups that wave that flag.

I was more interested in Edwards than Kerry, for what it's worth. I'm not
sure a Mass. senator is going to get the swing votes in flyover country. I
think Edwards was more centrist, and could pull votes from the undecided.
But he did look awfully young, so who knows. Perhaps we'll see him in 2008.