internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FUD101

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FUD101
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:25:04 -0500

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 20:26, James Dasher wrote:

> I voted for him in a mental coin-toss in 2000. I had no strong
> preference between him and Gore, and since I lived and was registered
> to vote in Orange County, I considered it a protest vote. Like most
> protest votes, it didn't count for @#$%, since Gore still took Orange
> County. But - also like most conscientious protesters - that didn't
> matter, since at least I *felt* better.

Um, votes in the presidential election aren't tallied by county, but by
state. Bush took North Carolina and your vote contributed to that. Had
Bush not won North Carolina, he would not have won the presidency.

--Jeremy, voted for Harry Browne in 2000, so was my vote really "for
naught?"

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |