internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Call your Rep. now to oppose S.877 - "CAN SPAM"act

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Call your Rep. now to oppose S.877 - "CAN SPAM"act
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:04:20 -0500

on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:47:59PM -0500, Sil Greene wrote:

> Jeez. You guys are a little hung up on technicalities.

You'll forgive me for being hung up on technicalities. Spammers waste far
too much of my time as it is - I don't need naive antispammers wasting even
more of my time and resources out of ignorance, even benign ignorance.

The last time we were joe jobbed, we got 27K bounces and a few hundred
people replying to the spam (sent with forged envelope sender of a
nonexistent address in our domain). Replying to spam is stupid.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier