internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Call your Rep. now to oppose S.877 - "CAN SPAM"act

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Call your Rep. now to oppose S.877 - "CAN SPAM"act
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:47:59 -0500 (EST)

Jeez. You guys are a little hung up on technicalities. I'm not
advocating replying to forged emails; I'm not that friggin' naive. I'm
advocating spam-baiting: contact the advertiser/spammer, pretend to want
their services, waste their time.

.:starving their resources, escalating their costs

That's all we're talking about. Do you guys not remember cheering Shea
Tisdale on when he started stringing along his Nigerian friend? He was
wasting the guy's resources.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)