internetworkers - RE: New Web Site (was RE: [internetworkers] <mySQL learning curve />)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: New Web Site (was RE: [internetworkers] <mySQL learning curve />)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:10:56 -0400

> I thought all posts were archived on the site already? The archive
gets
> spidered, so no one should have any impression that anything posted to
the
> list is private.

This is absolutely correct. Thanks for clarifying this point.

The point that I was trying to make was that when someone sends an email
to the list, we can't assume that it is a-ok for us to change its form
in to an article. To change the form of the content we'd need
permission. However, we could give members the option of granting
permission for all messages -- global opt-in.