internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Another take on a new website..

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Another take on a new website..
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:42:35 -0400

on Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:37:42PM -0400, James Manning wrote:
> > I find it amusing that sendmail rulesets often resemble the
> > sort of line noise that spammers use to work around filters...
>
> sendmail.mc is much less pain, although I've made the switch to postfix.

Eh, I dunno. Sure, it's easier to say

hack('all-my-local-hacks')

than to hack them right into a .cf, but you have to write them anyway,
then encode them into that m4 gibberish, then use hack(). I'm working on
an antispam system, for eventual distribution, and the biggest TODO in
front of me is figuring out how to generate all the m4 files from my
native rulesets without horking everything up. I'm NOT a fan of m4.

Postfix is nice, though - we run it on one of our boxes, for practice;
I'd considered switching back earlier this year before I dumped so much
time hacking the .cf to make the spamload manageable.

Steve

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier