internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another take on a new website..

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another take on a new website..
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

Ian,

What are you trying to do, exactly? Meaning, what's the purpose of this?
Is it a blog? A bulletin board? Do you want something like MHonArc (
http://www.mhonarc.org/ )? Is it public or private? Just for you or
multi-user?

Depending on the complexity/context/intent, you'll need to take Steve's
words either to heart or with a grain of salt.

And why bother with email? If you can get online, why not just use a form
post from the site itself (the form page being, preferably, in a
password-protected area)?

-Alan