internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wanna tell someone to go "F..." themselves?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: machett AT ibiblio.org, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wanna tell someone to go "F..." themselves?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:18:40 -0400

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 10:34 PM, Alan MacHett wrote:

And since it was inadvertently added to the discussion... Why do
Industrial Societies compartmentalize segments of people's lives? Why
should one's behavior and speech vary from home to workplace to social
gathering to wherever? And I haven't researched any studies, but I'll
wager it's largely a white-collar phenomenon, too.

I don't think so. We all act differently based on the context and there's nothing wrong with that and it has nothing to do with people's collars. In real life people have different types of relationships and different ways of communicating based on the situation. Do you really think that you would talk the same to a woman you're trying to pick up in a bar as a women in a business meeting? or to your grandmother? or your boss?

I'm sure that people have the right to speak as they wish in any situation, but as a boss I reserve the right to fire anyone who curses in front of customers all of the time or tries to mimic ejaculation on my computer screen because they can't tell the difference between what's appropriate in a bar with his buddies and what's appropriate at work.

"This post is provided without warranty of any kind as to reliability, accuracy, existence or otherwise fitness for any particular purpose and Czei Inc., specifically does not warrant, guarantee, imply or make any representations as to its merchantability for any particular purpose and furthermore shall have no liability for or responsibility to you or any other person, entity or diety with respect of any loss or damage whatsoever caused by this post or object or by any attempts to destroy it by hammering it against a wall or dropping it into a deep well or any other means whatsoever and moreover asserts that you indicate your acceptance of this agreement or any other agreement that may be substituted at any time by coming within five miles of the workstation or observing it through large telescopes or by any other means because you are such an easily cowed moron who will happily accept arrogant and unilateral conditions on a piece of highly priced garbage that you would not dream of accepting on a bag of dog biscuits and is used solely at your own risk."