internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] mySQL learning curve

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ilan Volow <listboy AT clarux.com>
  • To: s_l AT mindspring.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] mySQL learning curve
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:55:39 -0400

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 04:01 PM, Scott Lundgren wrote:

Well, since you asked, I'll tell you.

I for one valued this Stanly Spadowski's Funhouse drink-from-the-fire-hose
rundown of where to go to brush up and/or augment ones understanding of
databases and a) Thank you for taking the time to write it b) Think it
should be republished to the INW site.

- SL

---

Personally, I think the Wheel of Fish is a far more apt metaphor for the rundown on databases. The fire-hose metaphor may cause too many harmful misunderstandings.

--Ilan