internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wanna tell someone to go "F..." themselves?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wanna tell someone to go "F..." themselves?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:52:50 -0400

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 01:34 PM, Diana Duncan wrote:

I used to swear all the time (even from childhood), and was rebuked for it by a coworker. (He would call me "potty-mouth"). I could see his point, and realized that it is inappropriate to use possibly offensive language in a work environment. I have since had to work very hard to clean up my language, which makes me wish my parents had done a better job at policing it in the first place.

Making the distinction between appropriate language and behavior with your friends and in public or at work is difficult to make, even for those in management. You would think a manager would know better than to simulate ejaculation onto a computer screen or what to discuss the general lack of oral sex in one's household in a business meeting, but then maybe I'm just being a prude.

Mr. Tulip: "From what I hear he mostly doesn't do a ---ing thing!"
Mr. Pin: "Yeah. One of the hardest things to do properly, in politics."