internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wanna tell someone to go "F..." themselves?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wanna tell someone to go "F..." themselves?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:32:04 -0400

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 13:15 US/Eastern, Michael Best wrote:

But I think your work environment should match your own personality and
habits. If you have to change yourself to fit in at work, maybe you're in
the wrong job. It's also possible to make actual changes your your
personality, etc. and that may be the other direction you should take.

-- Michael Best

Oh, what a happy beast the white American male is (assuming that's what you are). As any non-white American male can tell you, all others pretty much have to adapt to the white male "personality" at least a little in almost all jobs in this country.

For instance...I have often been considered a bitch at work, where any man taking the same positions/stances/attitudes, etc has been considered strong and worthy of attention and promotion. I'm not complaining, though. I've also managed to push through that designation and get a lot done, and have forged great relationships with those white American males. But it can be a bit harder for the rest of us...

Diana