internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:35:52 -0400

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:13 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

I hate telemarketers as much as anyone, but...

While everyone says that they don't like telemarketing, the facts bear
out quiet a different picture.

In 2000 direct marketing sales were 1.71 trillion dollars and accounted
for almost 10% of the US Economy.

I'm confused as to why telemarketers think the do not call list is bad anyway.

It would be very interesting to see how many people who have signed up for the do-not-call list actually have responded to or purchased products from a telemarketing call. I would think that by merging the do-not-call list in with the existing "leads database" these marketers have they can quickly eliminate dead-weight customers and focus their sales efforts on a targeted demographic who is willing to listen.

Of course, this is just my ass-backwards thinking.

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/