internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:12:41 -0400 (EDT)

...yeah, the amount of sheer stupidity perpetuated in the name of the
almighty dollar is truly dumbfounding.

what gets me, though, is that this judge is, in essence, saying that the
telemarketers' right to free speech overrides my right to choose not to
listen to them. dumbass.

And don't respond with "but you *don't* have to listen, just hang up."
Um, yeah, except the do-not-call-list is supposed to prevent the calls in
the first place; it's like a No Trespassing sign in the front lawn - I
don't care what your cause is, once the declaration has been made, you
don't get to step on the property...

-Alan