internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:18:04 -0400

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 01:41 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:

I think I'll just get rid of my phone. Nobody ever calls but
telemarketers, anyway. I wonder what that would do to the forms
that ask for your billing address phone number for credit card
verification?

And how about the retailers that want to know your phone number or home address when you make a purchase? I don't have a home phone, just a cell phone, so I refuse to give out the phone number.

If you put up a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying "End-
of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH", the paint wouldn't even have time
to dry. -- Pratchett