internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:20:49 -0400

Actually, I think what the judge said was the FTC had no authority to do this.  He didn't issue any opinion on your rights...

And before everyone gets worked up...

House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Billy Tauzin, R-La., and Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., said Wednesday they were confident the ruling would be overturned and believe Congress did give the FTC the necessary authority.

"We will continue to monitor the situation and will take whatever legislative action is necessary to ensure consumers can stop intrusive calls from unwanted telemarketers," they said in a joint statement.