internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:55:38 -0400

Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 08:52 PM, David Minton wrote:

Maybe Internetworkers can start a pet project...

Gaven Stubberfield / Raleigh, North Carolina Spam Gang
[snip]
I've got an old 4-prong pitchfork made with really good steel. If anyone's got a scythe, some tar, some sackcloth, and a barrel of mead we could dress up as villagers and have a good old-fashioned mob:

http://www.knighthoodofbuh.org/austin/peasant3.jpg

That's kind of a nifty idea, actually. I wonder if we could pull off some good old-fashioned street theatre to bring some public attention and opprobrium to this miscreant? Seem like it would take:

- Just a little research to confirm the fellow's physical location(s).
- Printing up some (serious-toned) flyers laying out the case against him.
- A coordinated time and date to gather at his doorstep.
- Good costumes. And a noose. Torches, maybe?

I volunteer to draft and photocopy the flyer, if someone can provide me with the basic facts. And I /know/ there are InterNetWorkers who are into costumery.

TaB