internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: anti-spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: s_l AT mindspring.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: anti-spam
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 05:16:38 -0000

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 00:05, Scott Lundgren wrote:
> >Laws need to be put into place. And to make it worse, to make them
> >work you'll need to have some form of tracking, which will intrude and
> >make email require identification to get, etc.
>
> Laws suck and are ridiculously behind technology (as they should be for new
> laws should be crafted with research and wisdom).
> I'm want to see how much push will pick up to re-write SMTP.

Well, there is:
http://whatexit.org/tal/mywritings/endofspam.html

I also ran across a proposal to add a heirarchy of keys and trust
relationships to the email infrastucture that would certify what kidn of
email each message was and would allow you to classify incoming msgs
easily. Now I can't find the URL though. Grrr...

--[Lance]

Carolina Spirit Quest: http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
Celebrate The Circle: http://www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/
My LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/labrown/