internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] anti-spam
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:58:04 -0400

On 6/12/03 2:31 PM, "Steven Champeon" <schampeo AT hesketh.com> wrote:

> 4) sendmail rulesets - started bouncing all mail sent direct from a dialup,
> cable modem, or DSL line using 100+ different patterns.

I've been considering doing this as well. What is everyone's opinion on
blocking incoming mail from dynamic IP ranges? There are probably
Internetworkers running mail servers at home off residential class broadband
access. Is it reasonable to bounce your mail in an effort to reduce SPAM
hitting my mailbox?

David