internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] eBay shopping help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kurt Schlatzer" <kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] eBay shopping help
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:43:17 -0500

>Don't do it.

More specifically:

Never give your bank account info to anyone off-shore. More than likely the
company handling the wire transfer is owned by the Russian mafia, who are
notorious for online scams like this. My gut feeling is you would never
receive the laptop and your bank account balance would disappear while you
were waiting.

When you do shop online, use a credit card, preferably one specifically for
online purchases. Never use off-shore banking services of any kind to
complete transactions online. You have no way to legally pursue them if you
get screwed.

Kurt

[snip]
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
MaDuIxA PoWeR!