internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] eBay shopping help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] eBay shopping help
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:41:39 -0500

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 01:16 PM, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:
I've found a Laptop on eBay [0], at a very interesting price. Now that I got
the info to do the bank wire... I did some research on Google about the
banking info and I found some information related to the payment method.

The buyer has a problem regardless of the method of payment-- what if the seller never sends the goods? Why not use an escrow service:

1. Buyer pays escrow service.
2. Seller ships item to buyer.
3. Buyer tells escrow service to pay.
4. Escrow service pays seller.

I've used http://www.iescrow.com, but they appear to be out of business, or at least the web site's not active anymore :-) eBay recommends:

www.escrow.com
www.tradesecure.com.au/ebay
www.escrow-europa.com

Run, run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the stinky cheese man!
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC