internetworkers - [internetworkers] Please stop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Robert)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Please stop
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:21:11 -0500

Not to belabor the point or to insult anyone, but you are making
assumptions based on your own personal preferences as to what the rest of
the group would find beneficial. If you do this you impose your will on
others and the list ceases to be a democratic exchange of ideas. What
you think is not of interest or relevant may not apply to the next
person.

Personally I don't think someone should tell someone else on the list
to fuck off because they disagree with them, but they have a right to
do so and even though I find it repugnant, I'll still support their
right to do so.

This is happening on a much larger scale in our society where the few
feel they can impose their will on the many and we are losing many
freedoms in the process. If you disagree with someone you can ignore
them, or tell them why you disagree, but telling them to shut up or
please stop or that their discussion is utterly useless and pointless
serves no one except for yourself.

Robert