internetworkers - [internetworkers] Please stop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Maria C Winslow)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Please stop
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:37:43 -0500

Yes, please stop. Another thing - this list is really not here for your=20
stream-of-consciousness rantings, of any persuasion. Here are some helpfu=
l=20
questions to ask before you post your latest grunt/rant:

1. Am I actually making a point?
2. Is my point relevant to anything of interest to this group?
3. Do I actually have any knowledge of the subject at hand, or am I=20
formulating opinions out of boredom?
4. Do I really think anyone else will be enriched from my post?

These guidelines should not be difficult to follow, and point number 2 is=
=20
actually quite broad. I believe other Internetworkers would be happy to o=
ffer=20
additional helpful guidelines if you are still unsure.=20

Remember, too, that this group is not just online. We meet once a month f=
or=20
great conversation, friendship, and beer. I have personally made quite a =
few=20
good friends as a result of being a regular attendee, and for that I than=
k=20
our tireless leaders, especially Mike, Uzi and Tom! So if you can make it=
,=20
and you've never attended a gathering, try it out this Thursday.=20
Internetworkers is the most friendly group I have ever witnessed. Besides=
,=20
those of us who attend are wondering who the hell the rest of you are!

Maria