internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DSL Advice?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DSL Advice?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:28:13 -0500

We haven't lost digital cable that I know of, but the cable modem
service has been terrible the last few days. It seems to go off most
of the day and Nileen is getting really pissy. We may have decided
not to get rid of the old Earthlink dialup for a while since RR seems
to be so unreliable.
What I would like to know is why there seems to be such trouble all
of a sudden. And, why don't they send out a message or something like
"Our service will suck for a while, but don't worry, we are working on
it." Surely they know that the service is flaky. It worked pretty well
for a while, now it seems to have gone wonky.

Ron Thigpen wrote:
I'm not sure any one broadband provider in our area could give you truly reliable service.

Using RR is a bit like shopping at BestBuy, its great, as long as you don't have to talk to anybody. And they've definitely been having a bad week. I've seen a few multiday issues with mail service, but this is the worst IP connectivity spell I've noticed them having. It does look like they did some "planned maintennance" last night, so I'm hoping that will fix thing for now.