internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: i thought it was "New Bourbonism" ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: i thought it was "New Bourbonism" ?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:15:05 -0500

i haven't really kept up with the verbosity of this thread, nor read any of the associated links. however, i can tell you all that carrboro is the bomb.

my 'hood was built in the 1960's. lots approaching 1/2 acre, similar structures, tree-lined streets, on-street parking, good drainage. it is right across the street from OWASA, so water pressure is usually dern good.

the view from 3/4 of my house is tall green stuff growing (a little less after the ice storm and a little thinner in the winter). but i don't have my breakfast while watching my neighbor take a dump across an 18" alley. in fact, our overall interaction is limited to a comfortable degree for us all. [i.e. wanna see/talk to a neighbor? go do so. if you don't, then you don't have to.]

a short jaunt thru Hobo Alley and you are at one of the J bus stops that go direct to campus. two blocks in the other direction and i'm sure you could score some crack. i love the diversity of my 'hood.

four blocks from gourmet coffee and/or Wendy's. a few more blocks to a hippie-commune grocery store which offers many outdoor activities for people who don't like to bathe. there is the corporate grocer, of course, if you want to go to hell for giving your money to nazis.

walking/biking/bussing distance to several good bars and restaurants, dog parks, kid parks, farmer's market, the BIG ASSED police station, and several great concert venues. really, i have little reason to ever leave carrboro.

i only have to use an auto to get to either Raleigh or No Hope Commons (so i can give money to evil corporations like Wal*Mart and Best Buy and all those vile, horrific institutions of commerce). but these days, i'd rather swallow my tongue than drive around with all the freakin' idiots on these roads.

so, in short - Carrboro kicks your ass and your should move here stat and help with the gentrification. hurry!! only two months left!!

/drm