internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Uzi on the cover of the N&O?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Uzi on the cover of the N&O?
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:36:18 -0500

>Still, I was happy to stand on a soapbox regarding the area's growth policies.
I'm glad for that too. The growth issue is more that a little troubling.
Thomas Beckett's post about the "Po Bronson" book got me to wondering if Developers are just trying to achieve a sense of self worth.
Developing a tract of land and putting, let's say, 50 houses, w/2 cars each alongside a country road that supported one house w/one-car (now multiply this...) and you've got an issue. All the good people who find work out of this system, contractors, carpenters, supplies manufacturers, dealers, etc., mom and dad who retired on the "$'s" from the sale of the tract in the first place, all are hard pressed to not do this. But now mom and dad, like everyone on the street, are in "break-riding" mode when they go back to visit the grand-kids at the tract.

The growth issue is very troubling, and mostly when it's seeming to arise from this achievement drive.
...nuf for now.

At 04:00 PM 1/6/03 -0500, you wrote:

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 02:48 PM, uzoma nwosu wrote:
Only one person has
clalled me out for being a security guard--something that I would be
ashamed of in the past.

Assuming you mean "called me out", what does that mean? Where? I'm confused.

I wonder if Michael and Uzi feel glad for the recognition, disrespected,
neutral, ?
Ed Wesolowski

I thought the topic was interesting and had a good time talking to Richard Stradling on the phone. My own comments as written were accurate, although came out a little more harsh than I intended. Still, I was happy to stand on a soapbox regarding the area's growth policies.