internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo! News - U.S. to Name Ship for Ex-President Bush

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo! News - U.S. to Name Ship for Ex-President Bush
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:09:03 -0500

On Monday 09 December 2002 07:3219pm, Greg Cox wrote:
> > I thought that you anme CVNs after deceased presidents
> > who had two terms.

> Nope. Active/planned CVNs:

> Enterprise (65)

Star Treck series (I know...)

> John F. Kennedy (67)

Decesaed president

> Nimitz (68)

Deceased admiral

> Dwight D. Eisenhower (69)

Deceased president by then?

> Carl Vinson (70)

Mmmm. Who was this guy?

> Theodore Roosevelt (71)

Deceased president

> Abraham Lincoln (72)

Deceased president

> George Washington (73)

Deceased president

> John C. Stennis (74)

Who is this guy?

> Harry S. Truman (75)

Deceased president

> Ronald Reagan (76)

Alive former president who won the cold war, so it makes sense. kinda.

> It's all political, in who gets the name.
> Jimmy Carter is the 3rd (and last) Seawolf submarine, SSN-23.

Really? 3 Seawolfs? I thought that there were only 2.

Anyway. What a shame there's only 3 Seawolfs. Seawolfs are great, that's
why the Soviet Navy lobbied the Politburo to finish the comunism, as
they would have had no chances against Seawolfs :)

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve