internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo! News - U.S. to Name Ship for Ex-President Bush

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo! News - U.S. to Name Ship for Ex-President Bush
  • Date: 10 Dec 2002 08:15:59 -0500

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 21:16, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> Bill Geschwind wrote:
> >>I must have been reading the wrong article. That one was about George
> >>Sr. Where is the article naming the failed president?
> >
> > Please remind me again what he was successful in doing?

> He succeeded in turning Operation Desert Storm from a rout into a
> 10-year standoff. That's been good for Raytheon and Boeing and other
> important factors of the U.S. economy.

> TaB

Hey! At least it has provided combat experience to a whole generation of
USAF/USNAVY/RAF pilots.

Can you see it? George Bush was a Navy Aviator. He was shot down. He
hated being in the water for so long. So he devised a way to offer
proper and real life training to the newer aviators. Oh, yes, and to
pilots (USAF) as well :)

(note the double-sarcasm)

Regards,
Josep