internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo! News - U.S. to Name Ship for Ex-President Bush

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Cox <glcox AT pobox.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Yahoo! News - U.S. to Name Ship for Ex-President Bush
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 20:33:49 -0500 (EST)

> > Dwight D. Eisenhower (69)
> Deceased president by then?

Yep. Died 1969, Congress authorized and keel laid 1970.

> > Carl Vinson (70)
> Mmmm. Who was this guy?

http://www.cvn70.navy.mil/vinson/vinsonman.htm
Bonus: first person to see the launching of 'his' ship.

http://www.cvn74.navy.mil/pages/facts/senator.htm

> Anyway. What a shame there's only 3 Seawolfs. Seawolfs are great, that's
> why the Soviet Navy lobbied the Politburo to finish the comunism, as
> they would have had no chances against Seawolfs :)

The Carter takes the demise of the Soviet Union into consideration.
It includes a special warfare midsection, such as for SEAL deployment.
You know, since we don't have REAL wars, just incidents and police
actions. But, yes, good boats, just, from what I read, they just fell
prey to Version 2.0 Feature Creep.