internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Art/Craft Work (Was ?s about Salary)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Art/Craft Work (Was ?s about Salary)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 00:16:55 -0500

on Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:24:25PM -0500, Thomas Beckett wrote:
> Steven Champeon wrote:
> >>Where do I go to learn enough basic woodworking to build shelves into a
> >>pantry?
> >
> > Why, Internetworkers, of course! As Thos., Esq., pointed out, I used to
> > be (sort of) engaged in the carpenters' trade myself at one point. Roger
> > will, no doubt, quail at the crudity of these instructions, but if you
> > want to build yourself some quick closet/pantry shelves, here's how it's
> > done in the finer "starter homes" of Wake County by underemployed
> > liberal arts grads swinging hammers for beer money. Or, this is how I
> > used to do it, anyway. Back in the Day.
> >
> > First, you'll need the following tools and parts:
>
> Wow, what a treatise! We should post this on the INW Web site.
>
> Would you object to that, Steven?

No, of course not.

And in answer to Roger's comment about "typing really fast" - I knocked
out the first cut in about an hour (or, in terms that some of you may be
more familiar with, by the time I'd had my first Coke) and then went
back and added the pictures and some more info once I'd had time to
think about the details and remember some of the stuff I learned back in
1989-1993. I really enjoyed carpentry, except for the early rising bit.

The average person needs trepanation like he needs a hole in the head. -ca