internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Cable Modem Blues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Russell <scottrus AT ipass.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Cable Modem Blues
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:18:26 -0500

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:50:12PM -0500, Austin, Roger D. wrote:
> I know that some of you have cable modem access with TWC RoadRunner.
> We have had it about a month and it doesn't seem very reliable. How
> much uptime should we expect? It seems to go down a lot. I was
> expecting much higher quality than dialup, but it hasn't been the
> case. Thanks, Roger

As others have said, it depends where you're at. I'm in Durham @ the Autobon
Park subdiv and it's been fantastic. Fast speeds and very reliable usage. Of
course I don't trust TWC with my email, web site, or news server. I just use
them for the connection. :)

--
Scott
Do not trifle with me, I have eaten 104 brains.