internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Cable Modem Blues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Internetworkers List <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Cable Modem Blues
  • Date: 07 Nov 2002 14:35:10 -0500

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 14:24, Ron Thigpen wrote:
> POP and SMTP service have suffered some pretty major outages, one
> lasting more than three days. SMTP delivery times can get longish at
> times. (They seem to be outsourcing their NNTP services, I wish they'd
> do the same with mail.) Overall, it's been OK.

Hmmph... What do you expect with a Microsoft-based mail architecture. I
bailed out on my @nc.rr.com email addresses months ago and am much
happier for it.

To the original poster: Call TWC and bitch about your service. You
have to be persistent but I've found that taking the time to badger them
about poor service eventually gets results.

--[Lance]