internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Cable Modem Blues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Cable Modem Blues
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:46:29 -0500

Okay, I've fingered all the wiring inside the house. The little yellow lights continue to disappear. I go outside to the wires and mess with them. Presto, kick-ass speed reappears, Linksys router is very colorful and flashing. Empirically, I see a connection (pun intended.) I'll be back later with more gripes if it goes out again.
Frankly, Nileen was really pissy about it since I disconnected her dialup extolling the advantages of the high-speed connection. Well, when misshunt.com can't get email, she can be a bit annoyed. Seeing that I am the house geek, I have to fix it pronto.
Life goes back to normal for a while. Enjoy, Roger (in Raleigh)