internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chris Hedemark <chris AT yonderway.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:42:16 -0500

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 02:58 PM, Bill Geschwind wrote:

My disposal under my kitchen sink gave up over the weekend and needs to be replaced. Has anybody out in INW-land tried replacing one before?

Yes. The replacement was free, and it uses no electricity. In addition, it has significantly reduced my water consumption and simultaneously increased the vitality of my outdoor plants.

The garbage disposal was replaced with a compost pile. Just about anything that could go down the garbage disposal, putting otherwise clean organic material into a sewage treatment facility, could instead go into making rich black organic compost to amend the red clay yards that most North Carolinians enjoy.

Chris Hedemark
Hillsborough, NC
http://yonderway.com