internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: craig duncan <craigduncan AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question
  • Date: 05 Nov 2002 16:24:20 -0500

> The garbage disposal was replaced with a compost pile. Just about
> anything that could go down the garbage disposal, putting otherwise
> clean organic material into a sewage treatment facility, could instead
> go into making rich black organic compost to amend the red clay yards
> that most North Carolinians enjoy.

I tried the compost heap this year, but any time we placed old fruit in
there, it became a breeding ground full of maggots.

The idea was simple, as already stated:
1. Cut down on water usage - we are in a drought
2. Get free compost

What is the secret to getting a maggot free compost heap? I may try this
again.