internetworkers - [internetworkers] yet another home repair question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:58:55 -0500

My disposal under my kitchen sink gave up over the weekend and needs to be replaced. Has anybody out in INW-land tried replacing one before? How much should a decent new one cost? Is there anything I should look for or watch out for in buying one, or is it safe to just go to Lowe's and pick up the first one I run across? How difficult would this be as a DIY project to install for somebody with no plumbing experience, or should this be left to a professional plumber? If I need to get this done by a plumber, how much would be a reasonable price be to have a plumber install one? If so, any recommendations on a plumber to do this? If this is something that can be attempted by a plumbing nooB, is there anything I would need to look out for in trying to install one?

Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

- Bill