internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] citizen apathy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rowland Smith <rowland AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] citizen apathy
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:16:39 -0400

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 01:57 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Rowland Smith wrote:
> ->We used to have a system of "one man, one vote", now it's "one million
> ->dollers, one vote", and I'm a wee bit short on cash.
>
> Oh come now, economic power has always meant political power. Of course,
> having a dick helps, too, most of the time.

Damn, I don't think I want to use a voting machine that people are operating
with their dicks - unless they supply 'voting comdoms' ;)

>But I'm still of the mind that
> if you don't vote, you can't bitch. Sorry.

I agree one hundred percent - If you don't vote, don't bitch. However I do
think that we have to figure out some way to seperate money from the
political process as completely as possible.

Rowland

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/