internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] citizen apathy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] citizen apathy
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Rowland Smith wrote:
->I agree one hundred percent - If you don't vote, don't bitch. However I do
->think that we have to figure out some way to seperate money from the
->political process as completely as possible.

Is there any kind of support for a government-sponsored system of
elections? or should there just be a cap on contributions (much lower than
there is now? higher? with tax-funded matching?). I don't see that there's
much way to divorce $ from politicks in this country, unless there were a
military coup and we were all told to go out and "vote" for the new
president general.

Cheers
KJ