internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] citizen apathy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sarah Ovenall <sovenall AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] citizen apathy
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:46:39 -0400

if you "write in" your candidate of choice, you stand even less chance of your vote being worth anything.

if I recall correctly, in North Carolina write-in votes are not counted. A candidate has to go through some procedure (filling out forms and getting signatures on petitions I think) to become an "official" write-in candidate. Otherwise the vote is ignored.

OK, I found it, it's G.S. 163-123 (f) and it's at http://www.ncleg.net/html2001/bills/AllVersions/Senate/S10v2.html near the bottom of the page if anyone is interested.

So David is right, if you write in your candidate of choice, chances are your vote won't count for anything.

-Sarah
--
Victoria Regina Tarot
http://www.thefool.com