internetworkers - RE: Tech support software recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Tech support software recommendations
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:49:26 -0400

YIQUES!!

Sure enough! Apparently Remedy Corporation was acquired by Peregrine Systems
at some point, and according to a press release on Peregrine's site, they
announced that they are reducing ("realigning" - their word) their workforce
by 48% from approx. 2900 to 1500 over the next several weeks.

I hope the department at UNC managing the campus-wide Remedy system is aware
of this and has an appropriate contingency plan in place...

- Bill