internetworkers - Re: Nerdistan?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Austin, Roger" <rda AT rti.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Nerdistan?
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:27:38 -0500

Maybe we should be a little more reflective on what the dude is
writing. What are the best places to go eat, shop, etc. in the RTP area?
Perhaps we should provide a list of places. Perhaps the Inet web site
could have a database of places that the clueless could query before
deciding between frozen pizza or a tub from Wellspring...

Good eats and entertainment come and go. It is tough as a geek to get
out of the cave to partake of new dining experiences. I can cook so I
like to experiment at home rather than spend $50 on a questionable
dining experience. ($50 on 2 entrees and 2 glasses of wine vs. $20 on
food and $30 for several bottles. The choice is usually clear.)

Shoes are obviously something important. I go by Kmart every five years
or so to get a new pair. Roger (well shod in RTP)