internetworkers - RE: internetworkers digest: January 08, 2001

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Simon Spero <ses AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: internetworkers digest: January 08, 2001
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:47:27 -0500

--On Tuesday, January 09, 2001 11:29 AM -0500 Don Rua <drua AT fullseven.com> wrote:

Regarding:

"I find myself presented with a problem at work: a push to turn the Wake
County Public School System's Website into a profit center..."

I don't find the suggestion from the school system repulsive, but rather
naive.

Hmmm - profit motice and schools. Profit motive and schools.

Say, I just had a great idea. How about if instead of the State giving money to schools, and telling parents which facility their children had been sentenced too, why not give the money directly to the parents to spend on the school of their choice, whether public or private?

Oh, wait, never mind.