internetworkers - Re: bedside reading

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steve Burnett <sburnett AT webslingerz.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bedside reading
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:02:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Laura Newberg wrote:

> Read the above one last month, great book. Currently reading Red Dragon by
> Thomas Harris, the first of the Hannibal Lecter series.

If you never saw Michael Mann's film _Manhunter_, it's an excellent
adaptation of the novel's tone. Well done.

> My list of books to read:
> Hamlet, Shakespeare. (My favorite).

Merrie & I saw the new adaptation of Hamlet, presently running at the
Rialto in Raleigh. Set in New York City 2000, it stars Ethan Hawke as
Hamlet, Kyle MacLachlan as Claudius. Shakespearean dialogue in NYC
corporate glitterati sounds as though it might be jarringly anachronistic,
but it works well.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0171359

--
onNow: Paul Oakenfold, _Tranceport_
Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett AT webslingerz.com