internetworkers - RE: Geeks & Diversity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Geeks & Diversity
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:33:00 -0400

At 10:59 AM 6/7/2000 -0400, Thomas Beckett wrote:
>Heather Hesketh wrote:
>> I'm a borderline techie, but I'm
>> not techie enough for real techies and there are folks that do what I do
>> on the Web that wouldn't consider themselves techies.
>
> "Borderline techie"?! Heather, I thought you were an aerospace
>engineer by training, the proverbial rocket scientist.

Ah, yes, but I quite my job 6 years ago to go back to the university in applied anthropology. Now I apply anthropology, just not at the uni.

So, is it once a techie always a techie?

Heather

--
Heather A. Hesketh ! hesketh.com/inc
Web consultant ! vox: 919.834.2552 x12

tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>