internetworkers - RE: Geeks & Diversity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jeri C. Gloege" <gloege AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Geeks & Diversity
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:58:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hm, this makes me ponder... I have been a network engineer for 7 years
and a stay at home mom for one year.... I am currently exploring my
options in the art community since I draw and paint and photograph and
have been encouraged by those who see my work to explore this as a
profession. Does that mean *I* cannot be a member of
Internetworkers??? I mean, I don't fit the definition of a techie since I
no longer work in the technie field, but I know I can easily put my resume
and skills next to anyone and feel adequate if not more than....

Just a thought....

Jeri