internetworkers - Re: Geeks & Diversity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tengu typed, not" <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Geeks & Diversity
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:39:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, jmstonham AT hotmail.com typed:
>Quick question --- What if I happen to know a Handicapped Cherokee
> >Lesbian, but she's not a techie - can she still attend?
Yes, she can attend.
But she won't be able to become a member (as InterNetworkers is only open to
techies...).

< Untrue, untrue. I am happy to report that InterNetWorkers has no
barriers to membership. More than once I've been chattin' away on the
esoterica of Perl's most holy CGI object, only to notice the blank stare
that can only come from someone for whom the subject issued a sonic
boom as it passed o'er e's head some time back, but is in too deep to
extricate. You'll have to trust me on this one, it's a distinctive
look. For those who gesticulate, passing a flattened hand from the face
to the back of the skull will suffice.
And a damned fine thing an open membership is, as it allows
those hard-core techs amongst us to depressurize in a motley panorama of
slightly-pickled folk.

tengu, wary of data originating from sHotmail.
---
"I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member." -Groucho