internetworkers - The poo-pooing of Carrboro

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: The poo-pooing of Carrboro
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:03:32 -0500

To be fair, every town has something bright and shiny for all of us to say
"wow" about. And when it gets good press, well that's fantastic! We should
all be happy that members of OUR community (internetworkers) are being
recognized for it says something good about US.

Has all of this (meaning Lingual, and the rest of the Carrboro scene) been
done before? Probably. Is there anything wrong with that? I'll be first
to say no. There are plenty of talented people out there and very few get
pats on the back from there peers or the public. So I do not see anything
positive about criticizing people who were offered the spotlight and have
chosen to pat themselves on the back. What purpose does that serve? Be
proud of where your area and be equally as proud of where your neighbors
are.

I am a proud self promoter and I deserve the press. I think everyone in the
article equally earned every word of praise.

So let's drop the whole Carrboro issue. It was a wonderful thing that did a
good for the internet community at large. And that makes me feel good.

Uzoma